20 Thoughts Upon Realizing it’s Snowing in Charlottesville
This is approximately how my thoughts progressed when I woke up this past Saturday morning to a winter Wahoo wonderland outside my window.
1. What is this fluffy substance on the ground?
2. SNOW! IT’S SNOWING! NO SCHOOL!
VaA / Rob Mogni
3. It’s Saturday. I bet we still wouldn’t have the day off though.
4. Roommates! Let’s sing that song from Frozen about wanting to build a snowman!
5. No-let’s ACTUALLY build a snowman!
6. Just kidding, I don’t have any snow gear.
7. How pathetic is it that I’m from New England and only brought boots down to school?
8. Oh right, I remember now: it’s because everyone lied to me when they said “real winter” doesn’t exist in Virginia.
VaA / Rob Mogni
9. I would totally go sledding right now. Where can I buy a sled?
10. All the sled-selling stores are probably closed.
11. Maybe a pizza box could work? Don’t cartoon characters do that all the time?
12. I don’t have a pizza box…or any cardboard boxes, period…or any pizza for that matter.
13 Sledding is out. Guess I better walk over to Bodo’s and make sure the bagels are okay in this weather.
14. Do plows even exist in this city?
15. Do shovels even exist in this city?
16. Does anyone actually know how to clear snow?
17. ALERT! CUTE FLUFFY DOG IN THE SNOW!
18. Bodo’s is open! Bodo’s is packed! Bodo’s is wonderful.
19. All is right in the world. Even the mid-facelift-Snowtunda Rotunda looks pretty in this.
VaA / Mackenzie Swan
20. But actually, where are the plows?
By Sarah Fisher, Staff Writer